About Simon Hillier
Do I know writing?
Hemingway’s my middle name!
True story. It was Grandpa’s name.
But enough About Personal Me. What you want to know is…
…Should You Work With Me?
Here’s a 30-second elevator pitch to help you decide if I might be the web writing trainer, copywriter or consultant for you.
When we team up, you get:
● 21 years web content expertise at your beck and call
● my experience writing for 100s of clients, from start-ups to icons
● a qualified conversion expert, marketer and confidante
● a sought-after trainer and consultant to business and govt.
● someone who cares for your project like it’s their own.
Like to talk (or email)?
Still umming and ahhing?
Learn a bit more in the SuperSize Me version below.
Or learn a bit more in the SuperSize Me version below.
Who I’ve worked with (a sample)
I’ve been a web content specialist for 21 years
Eight years riding the dot-com rollercoaster
In the late 90s, I helped launch and manage e-commerce trailblazers, lastminute.com and travel.com.au.
As head of Marketing & Content:
- my email newsletters were read by over half a million subscribers
- we recorded Australia’s first $1 million e-commerce sales day
- I spoke at and chaired Australian and international e-commerce conferences
- I learnt firsthand from thousands of web users what they want online.
13 years running my own show
- Sydney-based Get There Content Services (formerly Get There Writing Services).
- Located in sunny Manly.
- Specialising in digital content writing, training and consulting.
I’ve carefully scribed millions of professional web words
Web and SEO copy, blogs, sales funnels, EDMs, whitepapers, ads, scripts, social posts – you name it, I’ve written it for:
● SMEs and corporates
● global giants such as Microsoft, PayPal, J&J, Cochlear, Canva, ING and Jaguar
● do-greaters such as Black Dog Institute, MS Australia, Cancer Council and the Garvan Institute
● government departments
● ad, digital and SEO agencies.
Plus, everything from print and scripts to John Doe dating profiles for a royal (I’ll never tell who!).
I’ve also penned eBooks and books for publishers, companies and some truly inspiring individuals.
I love teaching people how to DIY
The best part of my job is getting to help people gain the skills and confidence to write in ways they could only imagine.
I relish every opportunity to:
● train not-for-profit, business and government teams
● provide one-to-one coaching
● consult to businesses
● teach at Sydney University CCE
● run courses at General Assembly
● mentor gifted kids in remote areas through Aurora College.
It’s an amazing feeling that often leaves me…lost for words.
And I never stop learning
In the online world, it’s crucial to discover, test and understand with what’s working now and what’s coming next.
Even after 21 years, I learn something exciting every day – be it through courses, events, client projects and challenges, students, peers or devouring the latest industry news. A few of my content related certifications include:
I’m in awe of the power of words
And the incredible things they can do:
- Solve problems.
- Build trust.
- Sell (like hell).
I started Get There to help people and organisations use the power of words to share their brilliant ideas, big dreams and inspiring causes with the world.
It would be a pleasure to have a chat about the things I can help you achieve with the right words too.