Not-for-profit web writing training.Custom-designed to help your cause.
● 21 years expertise
● 100% tailored, practical + guaranteed
● Latest, proven web writing techniques
● Half, one and two-day workshops at your office
Want to boost your funding, donations and support?
Not-for-profit online writers face a lot of challenges.
Top of the list…how to connect with impatient audiences inundated with requests for help.
And, do it better than the other good causes vying for hearts and funds.
Their digital content needs to:
● be found on Google and social
● grab attention in seconds
● captivate, from first word to last
● build trust, emotion and empathy
● prompt donations, funding, volunteering and change.
I can teach your team these skills – and help you reach the goals crucial to your cause.
“Simon’s web writing workshop greatly improved our web writing skills and confidence during our site relaunch.
Training or copywriting, Simon is an absolute pleasure – professional, approachable and highly knowledgeable.“
~ Karen Elliff, Black Dog Institute
NPO web writing training designed 100% for you
To ensure your team gain practical skills, I custom design the web writing workshop around your needs and goals.
This means all writing techniques, exercises, discussion and workbooks focus on:
● your existing web content
● content your team are creating
● examples from other NPO sites
● relevant best-practice web content.
And I’ll run the workshop at your office, or venue of choice, anywhere in Australia or overseas.
I aim to deliver you the best web writing training, value and results available anywhere in the world.
“Hi Simon, just writing to let you know the feedback from our staff was extremely positive.
They loved the mix of theory and use of pages from our own site. Thanks once again for such great web writing workshops.“ ~ Richard Shorten, NPS MedicineWise
Some of the NPOs I’ve trained
Learn the latest, proven writing techniques
I’ll teach your team web writing practices being used and tested by the most successful not-for-profits and online businesses in the world.
By the end of the workshop, they’ll understand how to produce highly engaging digital content that makes a real impact.
Depending on their needs, this may include topics such as:
- how people read on the web today
- constructing easy-to-scan content
- engaging busy web readers
- connecting with YOUR audience
- powerful digital storytelling
- persuading visitors to take action
- content and navigation paths
- Google-friendly (SEO) content
- images and infographics
- writing for mobile first
- emails, social and video script writing.
Plus, anything else that will help your writers. It’s 100% about your needs.
“Simon is great at helping writers get a handle on the web.
This includes how to make articles easier to read for a web audience and writing techniques to make websites more search engine friendly. I recommend him to any organisation wanting web writing training for their employees and/or members.“
~ Tina Allen, President, Australian Medical Writers Association
Make my 21 years’ experience all yours
Your workshop will be personally designed and run by Simon Hillier. That’s me…great to meet you!
I’m one of Australia’s most experienced web content writers and trainers.
Over the past 21 years I’ve:
- written for global, SME, govt and NPO clients
- trained thousands of budding web writers
- gained a deep understanding of NPO web content needs.
To prepare for your session, I’ll spend a lot of time:
- learning about your goals and needs
- analysing your content
- researching your sector
- designing a course that brings you immediate and long-term benefits.
Then deliver the training in a workshop that’s interactive, interesting and fun (so they say!).
Enjoy many returns on your investment
Along with having more confident, capable and effective web writers, your organisation will benefit from:
● high quality content delivered to deadlines
● staff who feel comfortable writing as part of their job
● more website traffic and better site engagement
● greater awareness, funding, support, etc
● helpful content that reduces phone and email queries
● improved team morale
● meeting accessibility requirements.
How long are the web writing workshops?
They can be designed to run anywhere from a couple of hours to a full day or over two days, depending on your needs and time restraints.
How many participants in a workshop?
I’ve run NPO web writing training for as few as five, and as many as 50, people. The ideal number is up to 15 people, as its easier to give each person individual attention.
How much does a web writing workshop cost?
I develop your writing training to meet your exact needs. So, prices vary depending on your goals, numbers, length etc. You can be sure my rates are highly competitive.
What’s the training guarantee?
I’ve trained thousands of people in web writing and continually develop my techniques to get the best results.
I’m also incredibly passionate about helping good causes do great things with their messages. So, I put in a lot of time and effort to make sure your training achieves what you need.
However, if you feel your people don’t get value from the session, you won’t have to pay.
Like a proposal and quote for tailored training?
Call Simon today on 0414 414 151 to discuss your workshop needs.
Book group content writing training, tailored 100% to your needs and goals.
1-1 Writing Coaching
Get my advice, help and feedback, in-person or online, as you create your own rump-kicking content.